Mama Elephant August Photo Inspiration Challenge

Hello, my friends! Hope you are having a lovely week so far. Here is a card that I made for Mama Elephant August Photo Inspiration Challenge. Here is the inspiration photo.


I love the bright and delightful photo and here is what I came up with!


I was drawn to the colors (pink, coral, yellow and black) and tried to keep my card design as clean as possible since there is a lot of "white space" in the photo. To make the background, I first scribbled some pink gelato on the card base and went over it with a watered brush. I think I was trying to get a watercolor look, but the gelato didn't react to water the way I expected. It was totally fine though, I was just experimenting.


I then took the solid triangle from Trifecta set and swiped a yellow gelato directly on the stamp, spritzed some water before stamping over the pink area. The XOXO is from Big Words set. Some Japanese washi tapes, a paper doily remnant and a few sequins helped finishing the card. This is a bit different from what I usually made, but I had fun making it. Hope you likey! =)

Mama Elephant August Photo Inspiration Challenge ends August 30th at 3:00 PM EST, so you still have to time to play along with us! The winner will receive a guest designer spot in a future release! See all the challenge details here. Hope you can join us! =)

Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (Rustic White) Papertrey Ink
clear stamps: (Trifecta, Big Words) Mama Elephant
archival ink: (Jet Black) Ranger Industries
coloring medium: (yellow, pink gelato) Faber-Castell
accents: (paper doily) Wilton, (yellow, coral, pink sequins) Avery Elle
stickers: (black stripes, coral label, pink/gold pattern Japanese washi tape) mt Kamoi Kakoshi
card size: 3 7/8" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Rose said…
love this one girl :)
yyam said…
Cool. Love how artsy this turned out!
Merry said…
Wow, this is a perfect take on inspiration photo.

Popular Posts