strips, scraps & Fly Free

This is my second post of the day. Please click here or scroll down to see my post for Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #84. Thank! =)

Hello my friends! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Here are two cards that I made for the Let's Strip challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays and the Birthday Card and Thank You Card Challenges for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World.


First up is a birthday card. The background is made by covering a piece of Rustic White cardstock with some pink and silver Japanese washi tapes.


The sentiment is from Movers & Shakers Sentiments set by Papertrey Ink. I am submitting this one for both the Let's Strip challenge at CAS-ual Fridays and the Stamp It! Cards Birthday Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.


My second card is made using some color cardstock strips. I save almost every bit of the precious PTI cardstocks and I have lots of little strips like this sitting in my scrap pile, so I decided to pull them out and did a little paper weaving.


The sentiment is from Heyday Sentiments set by Hero Arts/Studio Calico. I am submitting this one for the Let's Strip challenge at CAS-ual Fridays and the Stamp It! Cards Thank You Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.


Last but not least, I thought I would share the card that was published in the fabulous Stamp It! Cards Vol. 9 issue. If you haven't gotten your copy already, you have to check it out! It's full of amazing creations and I keep finding new inspiration every time I open this issue. The beautiful bird cage and butterflies that I used for my card are from Fly Free set by The Craft's Meow.

That's all for now. Hope you have a fabulous day, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
for "Celebrating your Birthday" card:
cardstock: (Rustic White) Papertrey Ink
clear stamp: (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
dye ink: (Smokey Shadow) Papertrey Ink
accent: (peach, silver strip washi tape) mt Kamoi Kakoshi, (pearls) Recollections
die: (label) Wplus9
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 3 3/4" x 5 1/2"


for "thank you" card:
cardstock: (Rustic White, Autumn Rose, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, New leaf, Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate, Pum Pudding, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse) Papertrey Ink
clear stamp: (sentiment) Hero Arts/Studio Calico
accent: (clear gems) Recollections
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Merry said…
I really like how you have taken the time to line up all those diagonal lines on the washi tape. Wonderful idea for the use of your scraps and love that image with the birdcage. Wonderful cards Alice.
Sue said…
All of your cards are stunning, I love the designs and colours you use

Sue
Mary J said…
OH wow, these are all so stunning Alice! Love how you can do elegance to modern!
Amy Johnson said…
Fabulous cards! Love them all!
Kara Lynne said…
Alice, these are gorgeous, each one! I'm amazed at how you lined up your washi tape on the first one. Your combination of colors, widths, and lengths of strips are so fun on the second card. Your published card is so elegant!
Lin said…
You are so clever, Alice! Love all of your cards and ideas today. My fave is the birdcage one - congrats on the publication!
Michele Gross said…
Wonderful cards! I love that weaving job you did :) Thanks for having some fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Jodi Collins said…
These are AWESOME Alice! LOVE the card with the weaving!! SO amazing!
Virginia L. said…
All of your cards are AWESOME, Alice! Love the birthday card--so mod and cool. The paper-weaving is beautiful on the CAS- Fridays challenge card! I adore the lovely colors and composition! So glad that you join the fun with us! HUGS!
scrapn_momof2 said…
Alice, each one is gorgeous and so very clever.
Danni said…
Wonderful, wonderful cards!
Blankina said…
hI HOW ARE YOU?? A QUESTION I CANNOT FIND THE WINNERS OF THE CANDY (15TH OF JULY )...COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME??
YOU'LL NEVER KNOW PERHAPS I IS ME??

HUGS BLANKINA
Karen B. said…
Wow, Alice, is this ever a great post full of amazing cards. Love the shimmer in the first!
all your cards are simply stunning!!
Kelly Griglione said…
Each card is so well executed. The washi tape card looks like it would really shine in person. Fun post to look through, Alice!
Christina said…
All of these are fantastic, Alice! Your washi strips are so perfectly lined up, and your paper weaving is amazing! Congrats on the publication, as well. Thanks for sharing your cards with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Monika Reeck said…
dear Alice I love very mucht your card with paper weaving...it inspiring me to make the same cause I have much of the rest of paper at home :) and as I was a little girl I love to do paper Weaving....did you get the card Alice? Hope already :) If I am not hopping to your blog means I have much Test in my school Alice...I always remember you...big hugs...
Hey Alice! Thanks for linking this up to the Thank You Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
Hey Alice! Thanks also for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Popular Posts