Lily Pad Cards Lucy's Lovely Lines Challenge

Happy Friday, everyone! Here is my card for this week's Lucy's Lovely Lines Challenge over at Lily Pad Cards. First is the sketch:
Here is my card:


I know, I know... I took this one for a pretty big spin, then again I do love sitting in the first row of roller coasters. =) This week's sponsor is The Craft's Meow and I played with Nina Brackett's Life is a Carnival set. Have you seen this set? If not, you have to go and check it out, it's a fabulous set with super fun summer carnival images.


I stamped the roller coaster, fairy's wheel and merry go round in worn lipstickmustard seed and spiced marmalade distress inks as so: stamp off the first impressions on a piece of scratch paper, spritz some water on the reminding ink on the stamp then stamp on watercolor paper. Believe me, you will still have enough ink left even if you stamped off the first impressions. I did this because I wanted a fainter background so that they don't over power the sentiment. It comes with the stamp set and is stamped with vintage photo + spritz of water. The Coconut Brown half pearls are from Whiff of Joy Stamps.

That's all I have. Please visit Lily Pad Cards to see what the other Dream Team members came up with for this challenge. They are amazing and are so much better than me in working with this sketch! =) Hope you can join us this week!




Have a beautiful day and thanks for stopping by!




supplies:
cardstock: (kraft card base) Papertrey Ink, (off white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
stamps: Nina Brackett for The Craft's Meow
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
pearls: Whiff of Joy Stamps
other: foam squares
card size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Comments

Sanne said…
Love this fun card Alice!
~amy~ said…
Such a fab card Alice...love your take on that fun sketch! Happy Friday!
artfuldelight said…
Awesome card, I love the soft subtle look of the stamps. :-)
Tinchen said…
Great card, the / I folded the stamps very well. So what it is unfortunately not yet with us. I wish a nice weekend Dir


LG Tinchen
Maggie Lamarre said…
wow luv luv the stamping...
I am inviting you to add your card to our gallery at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
Have a great weekend,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com
Elizabeth Allan said…
Alice that second impression is the perfect hue. What a wonderful background for the sentiment. Have a great weekend!
Anonymous said…
What a fun fun card this is Alice!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja
Jeni said…
Beautiful stamp technique Alice!!! Love it ~jeni :)
Merry said…
Really love all the how you have added all the showground pieces Alice. We were actually at our local show last night....fantastic all the lights and people finished with a wonderful firework display.
Karen B. said…
Ooh, this is a delightful card! I love the colors!
Danni said…
What a fun card! Made me smile!
Lin said…
Love your take on the sketch, Alice - I'd like to go to that carnival!
alexandra s.m. said…
Love love this card Alice!
The theme, the stamping and colors are exquisite!
donna mikasa said…
What a fun card and fabulous take on the sketch! I love me a good carnival ride, too! Finishing up my email to you! Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!!
farmhouse-story said…
this card is just so soft and pretty, alice:) love the inking technique, too!
Amy Johnson said…
Wow! I love this! What a perfect CAS card!
Brenda said…
Oh, I just love that image and sentiment Alice! It makes me laugh!
yyam said…
Oh my! That's some lovely stamped work Alice! :)
Courtney K said…
this is such a fun card Alice!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Hi Alice! I'm so behind in getting around and visiting blogs and leaving comments. For shame! But I just had a lovely stroll through your blog all the way back to this post for Lily Pads when TCM was the sponsor. You are still one of my FAVORITE card artists!!! What a delight it is to visit your "wonderland"!!! And, of course, I love your take on the sketch for this card... brilliant! Thank you so much for sticking with me even though you are super busy in and in high demand. I appreciate it so much!

Hugs my friend,
Lisa

Popular Posts