Holiday Thinking Inking

Here are a few cards that I made for the "Holiday Thinking Inking" class hosted by Jennifer McGuire over at Two Peas.


This card is for the Week 1 class. I inked the lovely Winking Reindeer with tea dye and vintage photo. The holly from this set is inked with shabby shutters and crashed olive.The label cut from this die is inked with tea dye and aged mahogany.


The background paper is from BasicGrey's Basics White paper pad. I inked it with tea dye, crushed olive and with a little bit of vintage photo on the edges. The Flourish Pine (on sale!) is stamped with tea dye. The design of this card is also inspired by Jennifer's sample card here.


I used the addictive Block Background technique from Week 2 for these next two cards. I used tumbled glass, shabby shatters and a little bit of tea dye for the sky. I then stamped the snowflakes with tumbled glass on the background. To finish it, I added mini gems on the reindeer's nose and at the knot on his embroidery floss scarf inspired by the uber talented Lisa Spangler.


The Winking Reindeer is colored using a watercolor brush with tea dye and vintage photo. I also stamped the versatile Music Background with VersaMark on the card base.


For this card, I again colored the cute little dog with various distress inks and a watercolor brush. I cut him out and pop dotted him over the branch. The lovely Lot Like Christmas background is also stamped on the card base with VersaMark.


I also submitted these card to Hero Arts challenge this month. The challenge theme is Holiday cardmaking. I had such fun making these cards. Go and check out Jennifer's classes at Two Peas here, if you haven't already!

That's all for today. Hope you have a happy Friday, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
for the "Joy" card:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Hero Arts
patterned paper: BasicGrey
inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
gems: Recollections
die: Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug
other sewing machine, thread


for the "Merry Christmas" cards:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Canson Watercolor
stamps: Hero Arts
patterned paper: BasicGrey
inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
gems: Recollections
embroidery floss: DMC
die: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

Sanne said…
So adorable all of them Alice - I love that deer stamp - think that will be on my christmas list :)

Miss your comments over at my blog sweetie :)
HUGS Sanne
Tyggereye said…
so pretty! I love how you made all these. The reindeer are my favs.
Silli said…
Very pretty cards Alice, love the reindeer, love the colors... Wonderful job...HUGS
Jess said…
These are all fantastic! I love your backgrounds and that deer is so cute!
Jennifer said…
amazing cards! love them all. :)
Joy said…
Beautiful cards Alice, love your work on these...hugs!
~amy~ said…
DARLING cards Alice...love them all! happy friday!!
Lin said…
Each one is a gem, Alice! Aren't these classes fun?!
AGohl said…
Cute!!! That reindeer is absolutely adorable!
Wow, you're on a roll! These cards are super duper fantastic.
Jodi Collins said…
I LOVE these Alice! That reindeer is ADORABLE!! I think I NEED him!!
Virginia L. said…
I LOVE each and every one of them!! You are rocking with this challenge (again!)!!
donna mikasa said…
Yum, yum, love them all! Your BGs look like patterned papers! Must get inky this weekend! Have a great one!
Monique said…
Great cards Alice,,,Love the wiener dog with her little hat, coat and booties..how adorable !!
Emily Leiphart said…
How absolutely adorable are these? SO CUTE! I love them all and might have to purchase those images. ;)
Stamping Cafe said…
Gorgeous cards, Alice!! You are rocking the challenge, love them all!!

Have a beautiful weekend!
Clare said…
Fabulous cards, love them all! you're so talented!
Shirley N said…
Wonderful cards Alice! I'm always inspired by you and Jennifer. TFS all those links and how you made your beautiful cards.
Merry said…
These are all such fun and wonderful colours.
Barbara said…
These are beautiful ALice! I just love that sweet puppy!
Nancy said…
oh wow, loving the Winking Reindeer cards...you've given me such wonderful inspiration for using that stamp! The sweet little, all decked out for the holidays is adorable.
Love your cards, Alice!
blessings~
Diane Jaquay said…
These are so adorable Alice, that reindeer has a lot of personality!!
artfuldelight said…
I LOVE that deer! So cute. All the cards are fabulous!!!
Unknown said…
totally wonderful cards, Alice!
ivy said…
these are amazing cards alice! have to get my hands on that deer stamp!
Suzanne C said…
Such sweet and adorable cards!! love the hot dog he is too cute on the branch and the reindeer on your inking card is so cleverly placed. Beautiful!
I just love these cards, Alice. I guess I'm partial to the "Joy" card (LOL), but they are all wonderful! Hugs.
OMG...how do you find the time and inspiration to make so many fabulous cards! Each one of these is gorgeous on it's own and wonderful as a set!
Anonymous said…
Love this cute, cute deer Alice! Love your card design, the background, the label and the holly is always a fave of mine!
Pam Going Postal
Sasya said…
beautiful cards!!!! love them!
Beate said…
Wow! A lot of gorgeous cards all in one post. The images you used are adorable.
Hugs and smiles
Courtney K said…
the reindeer is cute, but that little doggie is just adorable!
Tasha said…
Wow these are stunning! All so creative and beautiful
love tasha xx
Jana said…
LOVE these! Is that doggie stamp from set?

Popular Posts