more Practicing Creativity July release sneak peek!

Hi all! Here is another sneak peek for Practicing Creativity's July release - My Beach Cottage.

I used the flag stamps in the new My Beach Cottage set to make this little birthday card. I think the flag image is perfect for a little birthday banner. After stamping it using various inks, I cut them out and curled the ends up a bit. I glued the twine on the cardstock first, then attached the flags on the twine using some Glossy Accents and rolled up glue dots.

For the cake, I trimmed off the pointy tips of the flag, then cut the remainder of it into two pieces. I then glued them on the cardstock using some rolled up glue dots. The cake stand and candles were then added using my Copic Multiliner. The tiny sentiments also came with the kit.

That's the peek I have for you today. Don't for get to check out Courtney, Dana and Paulina's blogs, I know they have some super fun sneak peeks for you, too!


Thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock, scallop border die: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Practicing Creativity
inks: Perfect Match by Papertrey Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
ribbon: Offray
black pen: Copic Multiliner SP
twine: Michaels
others: Glossy Accents

Comments

Sarah J Moerman said…
Too cute! Love that you used a banner flag to make the cake! Brilliant!
Sanne said…
So festive Alice - great design!
BabyBokChoy said…
This is darling! I love all things banner and this is a great one!
Barbara said…
This is so pretty Alice! Using the banner stamp to make a cake is SO clever!
:-)
Chelsea said…
So adorable Alice.
Your craft style is so unique.
I love it!
Luv,
Chelsea
Stef H said…
i love it!!! i love the simplicity of it. really pops!
Dotty Jo said…
You are so clever Alice! Jo x
Carly said…
I'm a sucker for banner cards; I absolutly love them all, and this one is no different. It is so super cute!!! Love it!
Monika Reeck said…
briliant idea to use the cake as a banner FLAG dear Alice...your are sooo creative my dear....hugs
Tyggereye said…
That card is so cute. I love the little cake at the bottom. Gorgeous!
Deirdre said…
Love it Alice, wonderful card. Enjoy the weekend.
Shirley N said…
This is great Alice, would be a perfect guy card, too!
Anita Rex said…
Too cute Alice! The banner is so creative! Love how you made the cake too!
Courtney K said…
Oh I love that banner and how you used twine. I've totally got to put some of my banner embellishments to use.
Ryann said…
Adorable banner card!
donna mikasa said…
Oh, this is too cute! Love how you turned a flag into a cake--genius! You have such a creative mind....share some, will ya? Happy coloring day, tomorrow!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
cute cute cute! And so clever!
~amy~ said…
love, love, love this...
wendyp said…
love how you turned the flag into a cake! So creative!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Oh, how sweet! Now this is my kind of cute simplicity!
Suzanne C said…
Adorable and so cute! what a sweet idea to turn the flag into a cake.
Kelly Booth said…
Such a cute card Alice...Love this!!
ivy said…
love the clean look to this card! fab banner!

Popular Posts